Friends & Runners,
This fall the Long Island running community has the rare opportunity to host a professional competition featuring some of the world’s best milers, combined with a great community event that anyone can participate in.
LI has a vibrant running community that’s abundantly healthy with road racers, high school stars, fun runners and fitness buffs, but we’ve never seen a race of this caliber before and its sure to inspire, inform and be alot of fun. It’s for this reason that we’re trying to build this event, and frankly, we’ll need a lot of help to do so. Please consider helping out as your support will give back to your sport and to LI, and USA running.
There are many, many ways you can help, but these are the most urgent:
1. Sponsor: Hoka One One has exceeded our expectations and shown great faith in us by donating prize money, but there are a lot of other expenses associated with hosting a meet. We need your help covering them.
Our sponsorship packages range from $1 and up and we’re happy to work with you so you’ll get the best marketing bang for your buck possible. Anything you can give will be extremely appreciated. For more details contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Volunteer: We’ll need people to take tickets, set upthe track, and do all sorts of stuff on race day.
3. Participate!: This is the most fun! Run in one of the races (there are heats available for novices, local champs, kids and masters age groups). Lace ’em up, lay it on the line, bust a gut, show them a pair of clean heels, wail on. You can’t have a meet without runners!
4. Watch:Tickets are only $5! A worthwhile investment if I ever heard one. The meet will also be streamed live across the country on Runnerspace.com, so we’ve got to get a good crowd for the cameras to keep our rep with track fans around the globe. Tell your friends to watch if they live somewhere else.
5. Be Creative:Do you have a great idea for a way to make this meet even more fun? Do you have a special talent or access to something unique that would better the event? Let us know! We want to make this feel professional and local in every way possible! By us, for us! Send us your best, most creative thoughts and help us implement them! We want the track to be rocking on September 9th and people talking about what fun they had at the water cooler the next day.
6. Help us spread the word:This is a community event and the good vibes have to spread from within! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, tell your co-workers and teammates, bring a friend, relative, or training partner. Help us hand out flyers at local events. Give us your best publicity connections!
Thank you all sincerely for your consideration and for making the local running scene so much fun to be a part of. If you feel you can help out in any way, please don’t hesitate to let us know! Email us: email@example.com or call Brendan at Sayville Running Company (631) 589-5700 for more info